This blog contains the submitted abstracts for the Theoretical Roman Archaeology Conference 2011. The papers have been sorted into session groups which can be seen on the left hand side on the page. It is hoped that this blog will be used for online discussion about the papers both before and after the conference.
- General Sessions
- Identity Studies Theory and the Methodological Challenges
- Moved Communities: Social Projection and Cultural Conformity in the Archaeology of the Roman Limes
- Multiple Masculinities in Roman Archaeology- No Girls Allowed!!
- Oh, the Humanity! Improving the model army, in Theory
- R. G. Collingwood- An Early Theoretical Archaeologist?
- The Devil is in the Detail- Practicalities of Trade and Consumption
- Towards an Anthropological Archaeology of Roman Colonialism